Saturday, February 6, 2010

god and religion

Does god exists? No one knows. I’ve been to church and I used to go. In my opinion it doesn’t make any sense. I think people just need something to fulfill themselves with because something’s missing in their life; so they turn to “god” or a religion
I mean they try to teach you kindness and respect but it seems that people that don’t feel the same way about god as they do they treat you poorly, and they look down upon you; however don’t they teach you not to do that in church? Look at all the stories and how many people got killed for religious purposes, and they’re suppose to be doing “gods” work? Like the old witch trials or human sacrifices and even slavery. Last time I checked those things weren’t in “gods” handbook.
I mean people turn to god like little kids turn to Santa Claus for presents on Christmas. Little kids think there’s a Santa Claus until they grow up and realize it’s only a story, and the gifts come from their parents. Isn’t that kind of like bible stories and god? The little kids look to Santa clause as kind of a Christmas “god” that fulfills their needs or gifts in this circumstance on Christmas day. Kind of the way adults turn to “god” to fulfill their missing parts in themselves on an everyday or Sunday basis so what I think who and what is “god” is whatever or whoever you personally think it is or who it is. If it works for you then great but it doesn’t work for me.

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with this. When I was younger and didn't have a choice wether to go to church or not, I would go with my mom and they always talked about so many things. They always came up with rules and it just never made sense to me. As I got older I began to question a lot of things and doubt. Also, once I stopped going and practicing the religion people who I considered my friends began to look down upon me and say mean things about me. It got to the point which they saw me as a bad influence on my own family! I'm still remolding my beliefs, but I'm definately getting somewhere with it. I like the comparison you made with kids and Santa Claus.

    ReplyDelete