Sunday, February 28, 2010

soccer vs football

My whole life I've heard comments about soccer players from football players and other people saying soccer is a fairy fag sport and football is a real man sport. I hear by disagree those comments and anyone who says so. I played soccer my whole life and compared to football it is far from a pussy sport. First of all in soccer you have no safety equipment. No helmets, no mouth pieces and no pads the only pads you get are shin pads. The game is 30 mins longer than a football game with no breaks. A soccer game is 2 45min halves a football game is 4 15min quarters. Soccer you don’t get a 10-20 second break between plays like in a football game. Soccer is continuous play no stoppages. U get either 3 to 5 substitutes per game and no exceptions for injuries. You come out you're done. Even if you're injured; unlike football where there's different lines, and you can sub every 20 seconds if you wanted to, and soccer is the only sport you use your feet.
I played every level except professional. I have seen tons of injuries and 9 out of 10 times if you're still playing unless you can't walk or bleeding profusely. I seen people's teeth get stuck and ripped out in some ones head. I have seen dislocated knees and shoulders, broken arms, legs, noses, wrists, ankles, and fingers. I seen split open heads and faces; due to people getting kicked in the face and heads smashing together, and then spitting out teeth. These are injuries people have had to come out for, and you have to walk off or people assist you in walking off. You don’t get a free ride gator trip unless you're unconscious. I never have seen people loose teeth in a football game due to helmets and mouth pieces, and they get free rides off the field 9 out of 10 times from what I've seen.
Most of these things I did or had them done to me. I personally had to pull teeth out of my head and hand them back to the guy, and got kicked in the face which caused a 1/4in deep and 4in long gash in my head which had to get 5 stitches, and I had some brain hemorrhaging I dislocated some ones knee and some ones shoulder and broke some ones leg. I got kicked in the side and had some internal bleeding in my stomach, and unless I was bleeding profusely on the outside I finished the game every time. Sure there are broken bones in football and injuries but they baby them in my opinion and they're suppose to be the world's most jacked and athletic athletes.
If you disagree with me the world cup is coming up you watch a game or 2 and see how hard it is and see if it's a so called "pussy sport". There are minimal subs and they run for 90mins straight which is equal to an hour and a half. There's no other sport in the world like it.

1 comment:

  1. Me as a football player could never down another sport because I have tried soccer and it isn't a truly easy if I do say so myself so to any other type of sport including soccer would go against how I feel to all sports. That each one takes alot of time and effort.

    ReplyDelete