Sunday, February 28, 2010

Girls and Guys Having Opposit Sex Friends When in a Relationship

What's the big deal about 2 people of the opposite sex being friends when they have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, a wife or a husband? I see in the world how possessive and jealous people are of this. I mean a lot of people say it's not ok. Me I don’t see the big deal.
I have plenty of girlfriends that are not my "girlfriends" I talked to my one friends I haven't talked to in a long time. She has a boyfriend now and he got all pissy and told me he don’t want me talking to her. He says she's mine not yours. I'm like buddy her and I were friends long before you even met her. If I wanted her like that I would have had her a long time ago, and I have a girlfriend anyways. By the way if you keep acting like that she won't be yours too much longer because she will most likely break up with you; if you keep acting like a possessive ass, and jumping to conclusions. This just happened recently.
The same thing happened to me with my girl friend she did not like it that I have a lot of friends that are girls. She was at work one day and I went to hang out with one of my girl friends for lunch. Then I talked to her later that day and she asked me what I did today? I told her I went to lunch at Wendys with so and so. Man did she get pissy, and then she called me a cheater and some other choice words. I'm like you have to calm down. How I am a cheater last time I checked eating lunch at Wendys in public was not crossing the relationship lines. As in kissing and having sex. Then I was like would it have had made a difference if it was a he and not a she? She said yes. I told her maybe I'm queer and I'm using you for cover, you don’t know do you? If you don’t like it then break up with me then she called me an ass and everything under the sun and said you would be mad if I did it. I said no I wouldn’t I'm not going to tell you who your friends can and cannot be, and I'm not going to tell you what to do on your free time. Friends are friends no matter the gender. This happened 4 months into our relationship. We have been together a little over a year.
Just recently she did the same thing and told me about it. It was her ex boyfriend she hung out with. She asked me if I was mad I said no. unless you did things I should know about she said no I love you and I said I love you too. Did you have a good time? She said yes. I told her I told you I wouldn’t be mad. I trust you. You do something you shouldn't do that’s on you not me and I'm gone, because that’s fair. If you feel the need to cheat then you feel the need not to be with me.
There's no reason to get possessive and jealous all that shows is problems with yourself like self security issues and what not. To me if you cheat on someone and someone wants to cheat on you; to them it is not a problem and if you do you'll do it again and then they do it again with you. Then the joke's on you; so there is no reason guys and girls can't have opposite gender friends when they are in a relationship. Well straight people of course. Unless you're gay then it’s the opposite.

1 comment:

  1. YO I LIKE THIS ONE. YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I FEEL AS THOUGH WHEN YOUR IN A RELATIONSHIP THAN THAT MEANS THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE WITH THAT PERSON. RELATIONSHIPS ARE BUILT UPON TRUST! WHETHER YOU MAKE OR BREAK IT IS ON YOU. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OF THE OPPOSITE GENDER THAN YOUR "CHEATIN" THATS DEFINITELY A STEROTYPE. I THINK THAT PEOPLE THAT ASSUME THINGS LIKE THAT AND ALWAYS JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ARE VERY INSECURE! YOU SHOULDNT BE IN A RELATIONSHIP IF YOUR SO INSECURE , YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KNOW YOUR POSITION AND PLAY IT WELL. THE PERSON OBVIOUSLY CARES ABOUT YOU IF THEY ARE WITH YOU SO YOU CANT ASSUME ANYTHING UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF!

    ReplyDelete