Saturday, March 6, 2010

drugs

This is a little farfetched but I believe that there would be fewer problems with drugs if they just made them all legal, and make it a certain age to buy them like tobacco and alcohol products. It would also save a lot of money, because of all the money they spend in prevention like drug task forces and shit is outrageous. There would be no need for it if it was all legal. It would clean out our judicial system; set any one free that wasn’t in a violent drug offence. they could also gain an ass load of money by taxing the hell out of it like gas.
Another reason people wouldn't have to kill each other to get it, and it being money and mowing down the competition, so that they can make more money being a monopoly. It will all be controlled by the state or the national government. No fighting and no killing. Get these people drug jobs and create companies. Kind of like a pharmaceutical salesman. "Aka drug dealer" what's the difference right? then they invest money into making the best shit possible so that they are the monopoly and everyone wants the governtments goods, and if people want to make there own let them.
In opposition you might say well it'll make it easier to get. I say so what. If you want it you're going to get it anyways. If you're going to get legally or illegally you're still going to get it, so what's the difference? If you say more people will get addicted then so what. It’s all about the personal choice. We are taught how bad alcohol, tobacco and drugs are for you in school but people still do them excessively anyways; so what's the difference? Like I said you're going to do it and get them anyways; why not take most of the violence and the problems with it and make it all legal. I mean you don’t see anyone getting shot outside of a turkey hill or rutters for a pack of newports. You don’t see an all out gang brawl outside the local beer distributor for a case of molsen or outside the wine and spirit shop over a bottle of captain morgan. I believe it'll do more good than harm in making drugs legal

4 comments:

  1. I'm not too sure how i feel about this. But think of all the special needs children that would be born from drug addicts having children. Taking care of a special needs child takes a lot of money and patience, and I'm not sure a drug addict could do that. It;s very controversial because there can be many pros but also many cons so it's difficult to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can legalize all drugs, pot certainly, but other harder drugs need to be decriminalized and not legalized. You shouldn't be able to buy heroin at the corner store but for nothing other then being a non violent addict you shouldn't go to jail. You need help to overcome that addiction, not punishment.

    Granted the good protestant roots of this country will always say punishment is more important the rehabilitation. So any real shake up to the useless and antiquated drug laws is pretty much a pipe dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the farfetched thought of legalizing all drugs, then you would not have useless deaths happening,over drugs. Money will not be the main source for drug king pins. To legalize all drugs would hopefully run drug king pins and their minions out of business. Maybe the world would be a better, happier place to live with legalized drugs????? That is a question no one will ever be able to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every action has a reaction.I don't think that your theory is that far fetched, but seriuosly a world were everyone can go around all drugged up, wait it's pretty much like that now. Now that I think of it I don't know that I know one person who isn't on some kind of drug or another, legal or illegal right now. So maybe if we could legalize drugs, maube we could get a better control of the situations created by illegal drugs.Look at how alcohol turned out. I guess when it comes down to it I am really on the fence about the whole idea. Like I said for every action there is a reaction. I do know that I totally believe in freedom of choice. If you chose to do something you know is bad then you must except the consequences.

    ReplyDelete